History

Image

Emile Crelier founded his company under the name of "Emile Crelier". Established in Bure, he dedicated a room in his family home to the manufacture of ruby ​​stones. He quickly became recognized in the watch and industry sector.

1923
Image

Aly Crelier, Emile’s son, took over the company and renamed it "E. Crelier & Fils".

1970
Image

The room in the family home became too small to meet the ever-increasing demand. Aly then began to build a factory on a plot of land the next door to his workshop.

1973
Texte

After 37 years of running the company, Aly passed on the company to his daughter, Christine, and son-in-law, Bernard Vallat. The company became a limited company named "Crelier fils SA".

2007
Image

In few years, the number of employees was doubled and consequently more space was needed. So an extension was built in the perimeter of the existing factory.

2010
Texte

In order to expand its know-how, Crelier fils SA took over Daniel Roulet, the polishing business which was previously a tenant.

2016
Image

Once again, the lack of space hindered the potential of development of the company. An expansion project seemed an obvious step. Thus, under the direction of Bernard Vallat, a new plant will be built in 2020 in Porrentruy.

2018